The Summerland Chamber of Economic Development and Tourism’s Annual General Meeting was held March 12th, 2013. The Chamber would like to thank Summerland Seniors Village for all their help hosting the AGM.
Thank you to all of our members who attended the AGM and voted.
Thor Clausen, Connie Denesiuk, Arlene Fenrich and Maged Said were sworn in by Mayor Janice Perrino as directors of the 2013 Chamber board.
They will each serve a two year term.
Board members with one year remaining on their terms are Jason Embree, Darin Fair and Christine Coletta (who will serve the remainder of Brett Dewitt’s term).
The 2013 Chamber Board of Directors: Thor Clausen, Arlene Fenrich, Maged Said, Connie Denesiuk, Jason Embree, Darin Fair, and Christine Coletta.
At the board meeting March 14, the board voted on the new executive:
- Chamber President: Arlene Fenrich
- Vice President: Jason Embree
- Treasurer: Maged Said
Thank you to our AGM guest speaker, Candace Nancke, FCGA, Chair of the Certified General Accountants Association of British Columbia.
Mini Trade Show: Thank you to the following local business service providers who attended the AGM to share information with Chamber Members:
- Paul Wiedemann, Ministry of Finance
- Don Brown of Brown Benefits: Chamber of Commerce Group Insurance Plan
- Su Baker, Community Futures Okanagan Similkameen Economic Gardening Program
- Wilfred Barranoik, Westrand Consulting Group
- Edward Jones Financial Advisors Chantelle Meriam and Timothy Broesch
- Jodi Ennis, YMCA WorkBC Employment Services
- Juanita Gibney, Source Graphics and Print Company